03 March 2008

"But my barcode isn't working...."

Hello folks,

please remember that we estimated our start date with OverDrive for March 1. Until you get a message on the blog that OverDrive has said Listen Up! Vermont is all set, don't push it publicly with a promised date. Hand out the cards, help educate people about how they will log in (some of you will have to give your patrons really good instructions), check your barcode to see if it is working, download the software on your computers for your staff to try (or your patrons to use, if the downloaded files can be wiped clean after each use)... as I tell my pre-schooler, patience is a virtue!

We've got 80+ libraries for OverDrive to test, and we all want a service that is working great for our patrons before we publicize it. So please, hang tight. I promise the service won't officially go live without a really excited post about it here on the site.

Libraries have requested files of our logos, etc. I'll put those up in our Box widget for you to download as soon as I can.

No comments: