1. Wish List - We have added a new 'Wish List' feature. When a patron finds a title that s/he is interested in checking out (including titles that have not yet been released), the patron will be able to add the title to the new 'Wish List' with a simple click! Patrons can access their Wish Lists at any time (upon login to their account). From the Wish List, a patron can add an available title to his/her cart and complete the checkout process.
2. The ability to edit the email address used to place a hold - Patrons will be able to edit the email address they entered when placing a title on hold.
3. Displaying 'also recommended titles' - When a patron is viewing a title details page, they will see a new section labeled 'If you like this title, then you might also like...'. The titles chosen for display are those that have Creator(s) and/or Imprint and/or Publisher and/or
Keywords in common with the title on the page the user is viewing.
4. Full text searching - The quick search at your Virtual Branch will be updated to support full text searching. This increases response times, and also allows users to search more metadata fields than before. Full text searching queries the Title, Publisher, Creator, ISBN, Subject, and Publisher-supplied Keyword fields of Content Reserve, as well as some MARC record data (Control Number and Library of Congress subject headings). With full text searching, a user can search on multiple terms, and the search results will be ranked by relevance.
5. Search by awards, and display of awards on title details pages - Currently, you can search Content Reserve by more than 60 awards. Soon, your patrons will be able to search on these awards from your Advanced Search page. Additionally, if a title has received an award, this is displayed on the title details page. The award is shown as a hyperlink; users can simply click this link to view a list of titles that have received the same award. Some notable awards include:
- Newbery Medal
- PEN/Faulkner Award
- Audie Awards
- Best Books for Young Adults
- Edgar Allan Poe Award
- Nebula Award
- Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award Winner
- Best Book Quill Award
- Caldecott Medal