A big hearty welcome to Judy Russell, Director of the Fairlee Public Library, as our new ListenUp! Vermont Coordinator! Please be patient as she learns the ropes of this volunteer job.
As usual, direct your ListenUp!Vermont questions to email@example.com
This is a really good time to be reminded that your library should be the front line for answering downloading technical questions. How do you ensure that you’re prepared to do so? Here are some tips for you and your staff:
- Be educated on how to install necessary software/apps to download content (audio and eBooks) and how to download titles on to a variety of devices, including both PC and Mac computers.
- Know the common downloading issues people have. For example, Windows Media Security Upgrade, incorrect time on their computer, mistakes in the browser’s history/cache, incorrectly typed-in barcodes or emails, using a variety of emails for holds notices, etc.
- Use the help page on the www.ListenupVermont.org site for software help and trouble shooting many commonly asked questions.
- Subscribe to ListenUp! Vermont blog (http://vtaudiobooks.blogspot.com/) and know that it can be searched for answers to common problems.
- Know how to reset holds on a patrons account
- Take webinars as they are offered and watch Overdrive’s education videos -- http://www.overdrive.com/learningcenter/viewnow.aspx Musts for everyone include: Just the basics, Patron Assistance, Kindle Demo, Real-Time Reports, and Going Mobile
Apologies for any cross postings